2.12.2009

Perks of Death Row

I'm not saying I'd want to be on Death Row, but at least you get to pick your last meal. Usually you die unexpectedly, and who knows what you just ate. If you consider the act of eating to be more than something you do to live and more of an experience, this is a pretty nice thing to offer somebody who has presumably done something very bad. It almost seems too nice. This is also assuming that this actually occurs. I could see this being the case back in the day, but in today's institutions I think it's more about getting down to business.

If I had to pick my last meal I'd probably go with some sort of surf and turf. Perhaps a fillet Mignon, medium-rare, with a rich Bearnaise sauce or Gorgonzola crust, and sauteed onions and mushrooms on the side. For the seafood half, I'd have to say that a few pounds of King Crab legs, partially cracked, would do the trick.

This being said, I'm not going to kill somebody to get this meal. I'll save some money and go to the Library II.

Oh, and this was brought on by last night's Top Chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment