6.19.2008

Tony's Iron Man

There’s this guy I know, Anthony Lombardi. We call him “Tony Lombardi” for short. I met him freshman year of college, and we wound up living together sophomore year… and junior year… and senior year. I couldn’t get rid of the guy! After college we kept in touch via the Internet, and we even saw each other in person every so often.

In line with his competitive trajectory, Tony announced he was going to be competing in an Iron Man this coming August in Louisville, Kentucky. By competing in this race he will honor the memory of his deceased friend, Jared, and raise money for the scholarship fund in his name back in their hometown of Southington, Connecticut.

Since I work in TV, Tony approached me about filming a mini-documentary of sorts detailing his journey to the Iron Man and why he’s doing it. Up for the challenge, I agreed. Together, we approached our alma mater, Marist College, about borrowing a camera for the race and they obliged. They were beyond generous and are letting us borrow a camera, mics, tri-pod, etc. from now until September. An ex-coworker and current friend of mine, Brian Epstein, agreed to handle editing duties.

We’ll be shooting some training footage and interviews throughout the summer, culminating at the race over Labor Day weekend. If I get any great still shots, or something worthwhile comes up, I’ll throw it up on here. If you wish to keep up to speed on Tony’s training you can check out his blog. Wish him luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment